Reports to: Owner
Salary Exempt Position
Location: 3545 Aero Court; San Diego CA 92123
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Range: $75,000 to $110,000
Intro: Move to San Diego and help create BoujieMana. This is a brand-new restaurant in central San Diego. We are surrounded by apartments and offices and support TCWGlobal, whom we will prepare meals (basic catering style) 3 times a week for 140 employees. The restaurant has a full bar, VIP room, indoor and outdoor seating, a training/event center holding about 120 people. There is plenty of nighttime and weekend parking, but office hours parking is limited but there is plenty of street parking. Price point will be on the higher-end using high quality ingredients and maintain a small to medium menu offering serving all three meals. We anticipate a grand opening on Valentines Day.
You are the food architect and designer! All things relating to the culinary experience and consumption are yours from menu creation to execution, planning and quality control. You will curate the items needed to bring a beautiful menu to life. This will be a process as we emerge from soft opening to restaurant stability and to a mature place people come to on a regular basis. Your objective is to delight customers in every way and fulfill our goals and objectives.
You will also be responsible for back-of-house staff that will support the creation and execution of your wonderful culinary experience. You will also create beautiful presentations that are commensurate with our values! Life is tough we want the team at BM to give customers a break to enjoy the joy of a meal and the gift of friendship.
We want a person who loves what they do but also works as a team. The owner will be somewhat hands on but not day to day. The owner is there to support, finance and encourage the team to create a wonderful experience and help the Executive Chef create a brand and a name.
Activities & Responsibilities
· Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of BM. See the BM behaviors. We don’t want to be a normal restaurant; we want to have a unique culture that fosters an amazing work environment.
· Inspect and clean, and maintain food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
· Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, fryers, roasters, and other kitchen equipment.
· Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
· Experience with charcuterie and aged meat is necessary since we have two aged meat lockers.
· Create consistency! Knows and complies consistently with the restaurant’s standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
· Inventory control to meet expectations. Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to support a smooth service period.
· Create and enforce recipes to ensure a consistent experience for our customers.
· BM has a pizza oven by BP; double fryer, Combi-Oven, high end fully automatic coffee machine, full bar etc. Expert understanding of all equipment is necessary.
· Roll up your sleeves, we are a hands-on establishment, and we will work together to meet our goals. BUT you will be responsible for staffing and scheduling the back of house to meet customer demand.
· You will be responsible for on campus catering events as well for up to 120 people. Utilizing kitchen equipment and our prep kitchen area, staff and serve for our on-campus training center.
· Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
· Closes the kitchen following the closing checklist for kitchen stations and assists others in closing the kitchen.
· Have regular employee meetings to connect the staff and keep everyone aligned.
· Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
· Keep records and accounts and general oversight of food and labor costs.
· Coordinate and supervise work of kitchen staff.
· Plan and price menu items.
· Create a basic gluten free menu and maintain and gluten free area as for best practice based preparation of GF items.
TCWGlobal is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, ethnicity, gender, nationality, religious belief, or sexual orientation.