IoT End to End QA Engineer
San Carlos, CA
We are revolutionizing the electric vehicle (EV) charging market with our grid-integrated charging stations and IoT platform. Our charging station-enabled devices maximize charging speed and efficiency while providing drivers and fleet managers intuitive control and visibility via mobile apps and online dashboards.
ABOUT THE JOB
IoT validation and quality assurance ensure the functionality of existing and emerging technologies that span across our portfolio of customer solutions. As the IoT End-to-End Quality Assurance Engineer you will ensure quality and reliability across technologies within the ecosystems of our products and digital solutions. You will develop and deliver strategies for continuous improvement to systems and processes in collaboration with cross-functional teams to deliver exceptional products and superior user experiences. You will create and conduct tests to analyze interoperability and functionality of system components including related hardware, firmware, software, apps and other UI including external connected systems to identify deficiencies and facilitate problem resolution. You will enable scalability by developing automated testing systems to optimize QA effectiveness.
- Design and develop tools, simulators and test frameworks based on Java /.net or other related technologies.
- Perform software and hardware qualification of new product development projects and new component/technology (e.g., cellular, PLC, MCU, CPU) qualifications.
- Identify product issues and drive systematic corrective actions with our component, manufacturing, partners, and internal Hardware and Software Development teams.
- Find new ways to optimize our tools and methods for greater efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Develop plans, schedules, and milestones (with team members) for all projects by working closely with our Hardware and Software Development partners, Product and Program managers.
- Collaborate closely with the Lab team to plan equipment, space, and test resources and ongoing career development of team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in an engineering lab environment.
- 3 years of experience with power and communications technologies.
- 3 years of experience with operating bench test equipment, power supplies, network analyzers for electrical validation or troubleshooting.
- Experience developing and writing scripts in shell or Python for hardware validation and test.
- Familiarity with IoT/M2M platforms - Azure IOT, IBM M2M, GE Predix, Amazon AWS
- Ability to understand NFR & metrics.
- Working knowledge of embedded devices and sensors, device firmware, communication protocols.
- Working knowledge of any of the IoT protocols like REST APIs, MQTT, Kafka, CoAP, Alljoyn, LwM2M.
- Experience in testing wireless protocols like Wifi, Zigbee, BLE.
- Knowledge of test automation framework development.
- Must possess good analytical & communication skills, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Experience with Test Management and reporting.
- Experience with Python, Java, and Unix based applications.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science.
- Experience with high power supplies, cellular, RFID, and Wi-Fi.
- Experience with EVSE testing, OCPP, OCPI, OIPC, J1772
- Expertise in bench-level hardware validation using complex test equipment.
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment.
- You drive an EV or worked for an EV Charging company
Please submit your resume to be considered!
TargetCW is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, ethnicity, gender, nationality, religious belief, or sexual orientation.