Field Service Engineer
Located in Livermore or San Jose
Pay rate: $30-$40/hour DOE
Hourly position (OT possible)
Direct Hire Opportunity!
Provides technical support to clients and potential clients on a global basis. Travels to clients’ sites to install equipment, diagnose equipment problems and repair equipment. Involves travel up to 50% of time. Reports to the Field Service Manager.
- Field: Installs new evaporation systems. Includes training and on-site acceptance testing.
- Field: Installs new component packages.
- Factory & field: Provides technical phone & e-mail support.
- Performs field warranty repair work, both systems and components.
- Factory & field: Sells and performs billable (non-warranty) field service work. Includes equipment audits, upgrades, training and repair.
- Troubleshoots and assists factory repair services.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as necessary to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Contributes toward maintaining a healthy and safe work environment.
- Aids in final test of systems as required.
- Aids in process lab as required.
- Degree in engineering or physical science (or equivalent experience).
- 5+ years of field service experience required.
- Experience in electronics diagnostics & repair.
- Desired: Experience and or education in vacuum technology, thin film or any semiconductor process manufacturing equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- This position requires up to 25% of International travel.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED!