long term contract
Weekly Pay and Benefits
As a Software Engineer at our client, you will have the opportunity to make software and web development
contributions to important healthcare projects such as java based web applications for public health, clinical
decision support tools, EHR integration, and mobile applications. You’ll work in an Agile environment alongside a
team of Software Developers, Business Analysts, and Public Health Analysts.
This is a W-2 position that will be dedicated to working on one of our cutting-edge projects to revamp a public
health disease surveillance system that is anticipated to end in December 2022.
• Work with a team of software engineers and analysts in developing systems that meet all technical and
• Design highly scalable software solutions to improve functionality and system longevity.
• Able to effectively communicate with business leaders.
• Experience in developing prototypes of new concepts and technologies
• Experience in software development methodologies and standards, test-driven development, data
analysis, and reporting.
• While maintaining current production code, you must demonstrate a willingness to step into new roles
and learn new technologies quickly.
• Be innovative and share ideas as we evaluate new or alternative data processing techniques to determine
their usefulness in meeting project needs and deadlines.
• BS degree in computer science; 3+ years of experience working on Java/J2EE applications, strong
knowledge of Object Orientated Programming, and experience with multiple databases.
• Must have strong java fundamentals and experience with Spring or Spring Boot, Hibernate, JSON and XML
• Experience with Microservice designs and architectures, Service-oriented architecture (SOA), formal
• Technical development experience with REST/SOAP web services.
the back-end server.
• Experience using cloud-based servers like AWS is a plus.
• Experience with modern SDLC tools - Git, JIRA, Artifactory, Jenkins/TeamCity, OpenShift, Gradle
• Prefer experience processing Medical Document formats like HL7 / QRDA III / FHIR or processing other
custom formatted files.
• Mobile development experience is a plus.
• Enjoy working with a dynamic team, flexible and possess a good foundation of software development
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and a quick learner. You should have a broad base of software development
experience, and be interested in continuing to grow technically via hands on experience and learning
• At this time we will only accept candidates who are presently eligible to work in the United States and will
not require sponsorship
ABOUT our client:
A nonprofit organization headquartered in Michigan. We improve the
health of at-risk and disenfranchised populations by building better systems of care and empowering all people to
make well informed health decisions. Public sector clients and philanthropic and private sectors. Areas of expertise include military
health, women’s health, behavioral health and substance use disorders, health disparities and equity, continuing
medical education and quality improvement, eldercare, public health interoperability, and disease surveillance.
TargetCW is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, ethnicity, gender, nationality, religious belief, or sexual orientation.